Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate Date and Time

Dansav
6 - Meteoroid

I'm trying to determine if this company has cancelled a priority work order to avoid not meeting a response time and then created a new job order with the same description within 24 hours. Please note I will need the formula to calculate time as well (obviously). The output will need to compare both instances. 

Please see attached dummy data sample. 

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Dansav ,

I would create a "Job Created" field of type DateTime (i.e. including date and time as a datetime data type) , sort by description (of the identifier you have) and compare using Multi-Row Formula. I attached a sample workflow. 

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Dansav
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a million for your help Roland. I really appreciate it. 

Just wondering what the 1440 represents in the expression below?

Dansav_0-1587448565891.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Dansav ,

I used the difference in minutes - calculating the difference in "hours" would return the hour part of the difference only, a difference of 24 hours and 1 minute would still be 24 hours and satisfy your condition. Minutes is the reliable in this calculation, so I used 1440 minutes (=> 24 hours * 60 minutes).

Best,

Roland

Dansav
6 - Meteoroid

Many thanks for your help! Very much appreciated 

Labels