Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bug with the Canvas and Container Tool?

raphaelrosati
6 - Meteoroid

I have seen this several times when using a Container Tool on the Canvas. If the title bar of the container tool goes outside the Canvas workspace, such as if it expanded when tools were placed inside or was moved inadvertantly, it can be hard or near impossible to select it to bring it back down, configure it, etc. Check out the screenshot and you'll see half of an empty tool container in the Canvas.

Zooming out does not make a difference and utilizing the Overview window doesn't help either.

I can duplicate this issue rather easily and haven't found an easy way to prevent this issue from happening. It seems as if the Canvas boundaries should prevent a tool container from going outside the top most border. Anyone else run into this?

3 REPLIES 3
GeoffJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Raphael,

That does indeed look like a bug. We will work on getting it fixed for an upcoming release.

In the meantime, try hitting CTRL+0 to "Zoom All" in your workflow. That should bring your Tool Container back onscreen.

(This is one of the new Canvas Navigation shortcuts added to 10.1.)

Hope that helps,

Geoff

Geoff Jones
Director of Creative Services
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I find quite an easy work around is to select in the canvas, press Ctrl-A (select all) then press down arrow and the tools off the canvas will appear.

JeremyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You beat me to it - if you're not a fan of hotkeys, you can also right click the container, hit escape to select the tool, and then use your arrow keys to bring it into view.

Labels