Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Marco with built-in List box

reyres
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I've built a batch macro to apply a number of different scenarios to a 'base' dataset. What I would like to do is set it up so that I can run only selected scenarios rather than all of them. To achieve this I have tried to build a List Box into the batch Macro working on the basis that the macro will bring in a list of all potential scenario names but then only run those which have been selected through the List Box. However, when I run the workflow I get nothing in the output. If I remove the List Box from the macro then it runs as I want it to.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in aniticpation!

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @reyres ,

When you use a list box and select more than one value, the standard text inserted in your filter tool is something like "data1","data2"

So you need to adapt your filter to receive the text in that format and still work.

I've done a small change in your filter and inserted [Scenario Name] in ("Scenario 1, Best"). 

This type of function accepts more that one parameter working exactly the way you need.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

reyres
7 - Meteor

Hi Fernando,

That worked perfectly, thanks so much for your help!

Richard.

Labels