Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Using All RAM

rotsanders
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all,

Hopefully one of you has run into a similar issue and has a fix for it.

Currently, I am trying to run a batch macro with a large list of ids. I can run any single id absolutely through the macro, but when I try to run them through the batch macro one at a time it seems the batch macro doesn't clear the RAM after each cycle. The macro eats away at the RAM until it has used all of it and the whole workflow stops. Right now I have 14gb of RAM which I would think should be plenty. 

Any insights would be great!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It would probably be helpful to understand what is happening within the batch macro itself. For example, if it is running one of the R-based macros, it could be an R issue in that the batch will be initializing a new R instance each time an ID is processed.

rotsanders
6 - Meteoroid

It's a pretty simple macro. It's just getting passed the id from an excel spreadsheet, plugging that id into a few SQL queries, joining those queries together, and then performing some simple calculations (simple addition, division, rounding, etc.) before it writes the results to a table. 

Thanks for the help!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rotsanders,

Have you considered loading all of the IDs into your database via a "Data Stream In" tool and running your query against all of the IDs simultaneously?  The data can be streamed out where you can perform your simple calculations.

K.I.S.S. might avoid the issue in your macro.  While you can contact clientservices@alteryx.com and have Alteryx support you to identify the issue, I too would be happy to help you to investigate this with you.  

Just a thought,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels