Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bar Chart

Sophie95
8 - Asteroid

How do I  create a  simple side by side bar chart showing comparable results from two data sets, one bar for example will show YR and the next bar Yr2?

I created  a workflow  for each data set, should I join workflow Y1 and Yr1 then create a side by side bar chart?

Expenses

Company                    Yr1              Yr2

XCo                              100              100

BCo                              200              400

Zco                               400              400

Total  expenses            700               900

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, you should join the two sets. It looks like you already did this in your example. In order to build a chart, you need to put the numbers on one of the axes so we need a way to identify them. We also need an identified for the year values..

In the attached workflow I transposed the table and called the numbers "Value" and the year values "Year". Then I set up the chart with Company on the x axis split by Year and Value on the y axis.

Sophie95
8 - Asteroid

@TonyA 

Thank you very much for your help, it worked! I was as not transposing the table.

Labels