Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Auto-UNC when saving

As a best practice, I'd like to automagically change any drive mapping to UNC when saving my workflows.  This applies to both local and gallery saves.

Cheers,

Mark

6 Comments
saubert
9 - Comet

@MarqueeCrew : This sounds dangerous. I need to keep my relative path to go from one environment to an other.

Maybe it should be an option in the wf dependancies.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@saubert,

I agree that it is an option, not forced.  For me, I'd like to setup this option.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@MarqueeCrew @saubert Great idea! I think it should work like the workflow dependencies All UNC option which leaves relative paths alone and just changes network drives to UNC. It's smart enough to leave your C drive and relative paths alone. As a user setting, I would certainly check it to on.

joewkelly
7 - Meteor

Personally, I use relative paths to do our work.  One time our network team changed our drive mapping, which would have broken most UNC paths.  If we are adding this option, it would be nice to convert my specific network files locations to either UNC or relative paths, or retain the existing coding.

jeremy_kane
7 - Meteor

I would love for this to be an option.  We don't use scheduler because we can't just design a flow and schedule it using the mapped drive letter.  Great idea!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for your idea!

I'm updating this idea to Not Planned as at this point in time we unfortunately cannot place this idea on our near future road map due to several outstanding factors. However, should this change or we be able to include this idea in a future road map, we will update this idea back to Under Review.