Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Association Analysis Tool Problem

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I do not get any visual output from the Association Analysis tool even when using the sample workflow. I just get a small gray table that looks like this:

veritas_ax_0-1589235680929.png

veritas_ax_0-1589235744718.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @veritas_ax 

it seems, there is an issue with this tool. Calculation works fine, so it's just an output problem, fortunately, only the "I" anchor is affected, You should find the results as an output of the "R" anchor, so at least results are available. But you should inform Alteryx support that the tool isn't working properly.

Best,

Roland

Highlighted
5 - Atom

FYSA, if you're an ADAPT program participant, Alteryx support tells you to come to the forum if you submit a support request. 

For me, I am having the same issue with the packaged Sample Alteryx Association Analysis Workflow (Help > Sample Workflows > Predictive tool samples > Predictive Analytics > 2. Association Analysis. 

From other forums, it looks like a workaround / agreed upon solution is to download the 2019 version instead of the 2020 version of the application:

- Sign into your account through https://gallery.alteryx.com/?ref=downloads#!account

- The option to download 2019.2 should be available.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi, any chance you reported this to user support? I'm having the same problem and wondering if there will be a fix! Thanks.

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue on 2020.2 (Frequency Table tool  is affected as well)

Tested on 2020.1 and the output is OK.

If you uncheck the Validate PCXML option within the Macro (Tool #68) <-- Do it at your own risk!!

aguisande_0-1593210136494.png

the Report will show!

aguisande_1-1593210211127.png

Hope this helps, until it's fixed.

Best,

_AG_

Highlighted

An update for all... 

I tested this issue in the recently released version 2020.2.3.27789 and it's still there.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @veritas_ax - The issue with I-Output is planned to be fixed in 2020.3. Meanwhile, please try the following workaround:

1. Open the tool macro.

ArtApa_0-1594807454224.png

2. Press Ctr+S to identify its location folder on your disk.

ArtApa_1-1594807469102.png

3. Find this folder using Windows Explorer and change the property of the folder from Read Only to Read/Write.

4. Find the Report Text tool in the macro and uncheck Validate PCXML box as shown below:

ArtApa_2-1594807485419.png

5. Save the macro

6. Change the property of the folder back from Read/Write to Read Only

Enjoy!

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@aguisande - I can see that you found the workaround!!!

Labels