The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Applying Changes made in Debug Mode to Workflow

I frequently make analytic apps for my clients that requires them to enter information or parameters to the workflow via a prompt before running. The user could be entering codes that will affect a certain filter or it could be a prompt to browse to the new source file required to run the workflow. In order to make adjustments to the workflow itself, I need to work in Debug mode so that I can see the data as it passes through each node in the workflow. Once I am done making all of the changes in debug mode and I am satisfied with how it works, I then have to remember each change I made, and copy and paste each tool and its contents over to the workflow that I am debugging. This is a pain because it is like I am fixing the workflow twice. A good solution to this would be allowing the user to apply changes made in debug to the workflow you are debugging, so that there is no duplication of efforts!

8 Comments
jcltax
5 - Atom

Great idea!  Alteryx please make this happen!

ChadM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I love this idea as well, +1!

krilke
5 - Atom

I totally need this functionality right now.

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

I agree this would be super convenient.  It's easy to forget all the little changes that you make in debug

ERK
5 - Atom

Yes - this would be a great feature - between the time to copy / paste, reworking connections, and the risk of typos (for us humans) ...

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

ElianaB
5 - Atom

any news about this request?

SUSA2020
7 - Meteor

This would be such a handy feature. I always end up duplicating effort to replicate all the changes I made in the debug wf to the main wf.