Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Amp engine - macros inside containers errors

Kmaclean
8 - Asteroid

Was excited to try out the amp engine but a couple tools into my workflow and i had 120 errors, (runs perfectly fine on normal engine)

It looks like for a batch macro in my workflow, there are 40 containers by default are disabled, and inside each container there will be another macro (either macro A or Macro B), main batch macro here;

1st macro.JPG

For each container, for the macro within it, i get three errors;

errors.JPG

nothing too crazy is going on in the nested macros, 10 of the containers have macro A, which for the path given if it is an excel open and count the records, if not excel then open/count records via python, macro A;

nested macro1.JPG

Macro B is in the other 30 containers and gives a query to count records from a sql table via something like "Count(*) from table"  macro B;

nested macro2.JPG

I tested having some containers be opened by default, and saving the main macro and when i did that the errors for those containers/nested macros went away.

I'd prefer not to have to switch all of my logic around to get this to work though..

2 REPLIES 2
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

First,  @Kmaclean thank you for being an early adopter and using the new AMP Engine as soon as it became available! 

Please continue to report any use case issues that you find with running workflows with AMP Engine enabled. We worked hard to identify differences from the original Engine as well as provide guidance on how to better optimize workflows to run with AMP. 

If you haven't already, please review our AMP Differences which has links to the other articles related to using the new AMP Engine: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/alteryx-engine-and-amp-main-differences

We will start looking at this to see if we can help.

If you could provide the workflow or a sub-set of the workflow that demonstrates the issue that would be helpful. Feel free to send it to me in a private message. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Kmaclean 

We have made a lot of improvements to AMP in the past couple years. I'm curious if you have had a chance to use an upgraded more recent version and if that addressed your issues? Release 2022.1 is the best one to use with AMP and we have an upcoming 2022.3 Release that will add AMP support for 78 additional tools (R tools and Reporting tools). 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
Labels