Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Amend column names from spreadsheet to match existing ones from a table in a database

fallon1
6 - Meteoroid

I need to ingest a spreadsheet into a database but first change the column names to match the column names from a table that already exists in the database (last years data). I need to do this for a number of tables so can't do it manually.

My thinking was to input the spreadsheet and the table, union the two, select the headers from the table and the data from the spreadsheet, then create a table using the output tool. However I cannot figure out a workflow for this to work, does anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @fallon1,

Try setting the headers in the current position and use the config by position on the union tool. Don't forget to set the output order too:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

fallon1
6 - Meteoroid

This works thank you, however I am unable to ignore the data from the table. I tried setting record limit to zero but when I run it all the data appears.

Do you know how I can ignore the data?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @fallon1,

I don't know if I did understand you well, but If you want to delete all the data coming set a filter after with the custom value:

1=2

This I what I do to to ignore all the data incoming from a tool:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

fallon1
6 - Meteoroid

That's great thank you!

Labels