Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx on Tableau server

shaziaa
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

I am new to Alteryx and I have got a requirement from  the client.

They want to use Alteryx for data preparation and directly want to connect Alteryx to tableau server so that Data extract can be use for data visualization.

Please help me how I can connect.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shazia

9 REPLIES 9
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @shaziaa,

Did you try the 'Publish to tableau Server tool'?

Best,

Yalmar

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Go to gallery.alteryx.com and download the Publish to Tableau Server tools. That will give you a macro to publish data from an Alteryx workflow to Tableau server. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

You have two options available to you:

1) the Publish to tableau server tool available in the alteryx gallery

2) using the tableau server REST API to publish your data. Code samples can be found here

shaziaa
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks alot, it worked.

I am able to directly publish the data to Tableau server from Alteryx designer.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Shazia

shaziaa
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the solution,it worked.

Regards,

Shazia

Ethan01
5 - Atom

Hi All

I have a workflow that picks up data from sharePoint online and publishes the data onto a tableau server using the "Publish To Tableau Server" macro using the "overwrite" option. However, all the calculations in the data changes to a dimension or a measure field. This makes the calculation un-editable and messes up the tableau visualization.

Please is there a way to fix this problem?

Thank you

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Ethan, make sure the datatypes set before the publish to tableau server tool is used are correct, it's then a case of editing your workbook, rebuilding your formulas and moving dimensions/measures into the state you require them.

You'll need to do this once.

Ben

Ethan01
5 - Atom

Thank you very much Castor. Your solution worked.

VeronicaElse
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I think this is my problem. I link to the Tableau Server and replaced the references but now my dashboard is blank! Nothing is red since I replaced every reference to the correct one I thought. How do I go about knowing what to fix next?

Please help.

Thanks

Labels