Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx and OANDA

chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Hi everyone! I did a search and didn't find much on this topic. I have a use case that requires me to grab the latest currency conversion rates on a daily basis. I would do this through a company called OANDA. I was wondering if anyone in Alteryx land has tried to do interface with OANDA via API calls in the past. I would be gathering this data and, ultimately, write this data to a database with my Alteryx workflow. Has anyone ventured into anything concerning OANDA? If not, I'll post my experience when I go down this potentially untraveled path. Thanks so much!

7 REPLIES 7
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@chriswilliams41 This should be possible. I took a look at their documentation and it seems to pretty straight forward. 

You would probably use a personal token to authorize to use their endpoints in the download tool. 

curl -H "Authorization: Bearer 12345678900987654321-abc34135acde13f13530" https://api-fxtrade.oanda.com/v1/accounts

https://developer.oanda.com/rest-live/authentication/

The link above walks you through on how to get through authentication. 

Digan
Alteryx
chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

I'm sorry. I've been swamped lately, but I wanted to thank you for your insight on this. I have some time now to play with this and get more comfortable with this. Thank you so much.  

cowatson
7 - Meteor

Any chance we can get more detail on this workflow and grabbing rates from Oanda?  Considering this option as well.   Thank you.

serodrig4
5 - Atom

Were you able to find anything further on this? I'm considering this too.

Thanks!

chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

I think the solution that @DiganP referenced above should work. I will be getting back into this in the next couple of weeks so I will be sure the post updates as I perform the coding. Thanks!

n-devries
5 - Atom

Any chance there are some updates on this?  Thanks!

Siya1988
5 - Atom

Hi , I have the same use case, were you able to get the solution to this

Labels