Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Workflow execution from Command Prompt : Need Urgent Help

ynijapuram001
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team

We are implementing a workflow in Alteryx tool to perform few operations ( To remove special characters) in a file and the return the data to another file post operations.

We have implemented a regular workflow to perform this and its running well.

However,we need this workflow to be called from cmd prompt.

With the guidelines mentioned , we are able to succeed and we used below line from cmd prompt :

cmd > AlteryxEngineCmd.exe regexp.yxmd

Kindly help us with the details on implementing an alteryx workflow which accepts a file as parameter as we need to pass input file dynamically to the workflow.

Example: cmd > AlteryxEngineCmd.exe workflowname.yxwz  testfile.csv

We appreciate your quick help on this.
12 REPLIES 12
praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ynijapuram001  ,

How could you manage to run the workflow with cmd line . 

I have designer license , will that be enough to execute or any additional set up is needed.

Thanks

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ynijapuram001  @hberg @JordanB 

Iam trying to execute workflow using command line , but i receive below error . 

Error - Alteryx Engine: The Feature "API or FlowChartMode" is not licensed.
Finished in 2.640 seconds with 1 error

Do you know what is missing here . I have designer license . 

Thanks.

hberg
5 - Atom

The documentation and advice from forum entries mention that the program named AlteryxEngineCmd.exe can be used to launch a workflow from the command line.

re: I have designer license . Do you know what is missing here?

You need a Server or Scheduler license. My understanding (I am not a licensing expert, so it may not be accurate) is that this program does not operate with the designer license alone. You can find other responses with the same message (for example: "How we create a .exe or BAT file in Alteryx to run via cmd line.")

FYI: When I was first evaluating Alteryx, I was able to get this to work (thus the reason I could provide an answer where you found my name). But then I had been provided an evaluation key that included this functionality. After I got my first real Designer license key, this functionality continued to work. However, immediately after I performed a product upgrade, I was then no longer able run the program AlteryxEngineCmd.exe. 

Labels