Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Workflow Style Guidelines

paultno
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

We are trying to develop Standard Workflow Templates at our company.  These will include a legend box (e.g. colors for input, outputs, calculations).  We would like to also have header information that includes:

1) Author of Workflow

2) Date created

3) Data Source

4) Purpose of the workflow

5) General Notes

Is there any way to have this sort of 'general template' be saved as a keyboard command, or within Alteryx itself?

Thank you,

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
ADerbak
11 - Bolide

One of the workflow options before configuring anything is to put in the name of the workflow, author, company, copyright, etc. There is also a place to put a description for the purpose of the workflow. While there isn’t a macro or hot-key to put this in, it is most likely a good place to start. 

Another thing my company has implemented is creating a template workflow to share with other analysts that uses comment ones and even pictures within the workflow. Perhaps this could be another solution?

I’m curious to know if you find anything else that works for documentations around workflows.

Hope that helps!

paultno
8 - Asteroid

No, that is a great idea. We can just come up with different templates for different type of workflows.  

Thank you for your help,

Paul

borgun
5 - Atom

Any templates that you would like to share would be greatly appreciated

samuelbirmaherjr
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, do you have any templates that you demonstrate as an example? I am trying to create one myself. 

Labels