Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Table + excel

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team

How do I render two tabs in one excel file with one with tab with multiple tables that I've unionized (cause their just pivots) and one with a raw data excel sheet. And render them to one file?

Ive gone through this article

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Render-Tool-Output-Multiple-Tabs-to-One-Exce...

Only issue is that this only works when both are tables. Here I have one sheet with multiple tables and one sheet that's raw. 

Also when I converted my raw data to a table I get a warning - the current page layout will cause some data to be incorrectly truncated.

Plus I also want the output to change the name based on the date its run

Is this possible in Alteryx? 

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge 

Do you have some example input/outputs you can share with us to give a better understanding of what you'd like to accomplish?

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi @CharlieS 

Thanks for the reply. So my inputs include include multiple xlsx files to which I create 4 different cross tabs. Then I form 4 tables and unionize them into 4 records. I also have a raw data sheet which is simple data sheet (not a table)

My output should place the 4 pivots in one sheet on my excel and the raw data in the second sheet. 

When run the name of the excel file should change based on the date when run. 

Eg - 10.03.2020.xlsx with sheet 1 Cross tabs and sheet 2 Raw Data.

Hope this helps

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@CharlieS Is this clear? I'm stuck can you please help? Let me know if you require anymore info

EC55
8 - Asteroid

Hi @henrygeorge 

It would be useful to have a sample dataset if you could attach it? I know the experts on here often just figure it out based on what you send them which is amazing. 

I am having the same issue, but I have two data streams that I need to merge into one document with one data set per tab. I am yet to figure that one out but will keep trawling the boards! 

EC

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@henrygeorge 

We understand what you're trying to do, and I'll provide a basic example. We're interested in more specific information because resolutions to reporting issues are often nuanced. 

Otherwise, the general strategy will be use the Reporting tools to output all the necessary data/sheets. I do not recommend mixing Rendering and regular Output to the same file, it's never consistently worked for me. 

I've attached an example that shows how you can output named sheet (with one sheet containing multiple tables), and render them to a file with today's date in the name. 

olgaluja
5 - Atom

I have a similar workflow, where I want my tables to come in different tabs to an excel file. That part I got and is working well. Then I want to also have in the same excel output the raw excel data in a separate worksheet. I tried different things but nothing is working in one of my attempts the sheet was coming but there was no data.This part works well I'm getting the tables in different worksheets in the same excel fileThis part works well I'm getting the tables in different worksheets in the same excel fileHow do I get this output with the raw data to come in the same excel file in a different excel sheet?How do I get this output with the raw data to come in the same excel file in a different excel sheet?

Labels