Alteryx Designer

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

Alteryx Output

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi All - 

For some odd reason, alteryx is giving me an error indicating that the file is being used by another process, but the file is not open. Not sure why this is the case but would appreciate any suggestions anybody may have.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

most common with excel, but it could be that windows is holding the file. I hate to suggest a restart, but if you close alteryx and reopen it and that doesn't solve the problem, then restart is what the doctor orders. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hi Mark -

Still no luck. It is quite odd because the entire workflow is running with no errors, except for that specific sheet. Not sure why that is the case.

Thanks,

Highlighted

Sheet?  This is excel?

Are you writing and reading from the same workbook?

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Yes it is an excel, but no it is not the same file. Essentially, I've created an output that has multiple sheets and all are working except for one sequence that just doesn't seem to flow properly. It is odd because the data is manipulated exactly in a manner that I intend it to be, but the output will not stop spitting out an error.

Highlighted
5 - Atom

I actually got it resolved, it seemed that the union tool was a bit too early and the workflow ran in a very awkward fashion. When moving this union to a bit later in the alteryx, the data seems to flow accordingly.

Highlighted

Try this:

output to excel 

take the input to the output and bring it to a summarize tool.  Count the number of records.  Take that count and bring it to an append fields tool as the source. Take the data that is going to the output tool and put it to this append fields tool first. Configure the append fields to uncheck the count field. Take the output from the append fields and bring it to the output tool.

Does that fix it?

Cheers,

mark

Labels