Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx - HDFS connection - Kerberos SSPI.. Invalid Host or Port

MeherBezawada
5 - Atom

Team,

I'm using HDFS connection as Input data to connect to use HDFS file as data source. Using HTTPFS option. I'm facing Invalid host or port error. (Hadoop environment is kerberos set up). Alteryx and Hadoop cluster are on same network domain.

I verified that firewall is not an issue. I used telnet to same server and port and it worked fine. I also verified CURL command from command prompt to same host and port reading getfilestatus on HDFS file and it is also working fine.

I'm not sure which logs would help. I would have checked firewall logs but since I'm able to telnet and curl successfully I dont think firewall is an issue here. 

Important note: If I switch from SSPI to Kerberos MIT it works fine. We do not want to use Kerberos MIT as this is server version of Alteryx.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Meher

I grayed out some part of full hostname in below image.

httpfs.test.JPG

1 REPLY 1
MeherBezawada
5 - Atom

Team,

Here is the solution to resolve this issue. I enabled proxy to install some software on Alteryx server and forget to disable it after.

internet explorer >> internet options >> connections >> LAN setting >>  "use proxy" check box -- Disable

Above steps resolved the issue and I'm able to successfully connect. 

Regards,

Meher Bezawada

Labels