Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx Gallery - Output the whole workflow log (not just errors)

One major improvement in version 11 is that you can now schedule workflows directly in the Gallery. One thing I miss though is the ability to see the whole log from the workflow (messages, warnings and conversion errors).

I have made a workaround by using the list runner (Crew Macros), but I think this should be a functionality on the server itself.

To see the workaround and the expected output, you can watch this video:

https://vimeo.com/214995668

8 Comments
rowada
7 - Meteor

Hi,
I tried to use this solution and it works fine for workflows - great job.
But in my case I have an analytic app (with interface tools) and tried to run your solution together with the app from a private gallery.
In this case it seems not working.

Maybe the CReW macro Runner does not support analytic apps? But it is possible to select an app as module to run.

Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks a lot

ROGER

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hi all - I am happy to post that we are actively working on bringing this functionality into the Gallery so it is easy to view the execution log for scheduled and manually run jobs.  This enhancement is marked as coming soon and is expected to be shipped in a near-term release.  Stay tuned!  

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

That sounds awesome!

Daniel

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

I'm happy to announce that the latest release for Server 2018.1 now includes the workflow execution log in the workflow results.  Thank you everyone for your feedback!  

elatt
7 - Meteor

I recently updated to Alteryx Server 2018.1 and I do not see the INFO messages when I view the output of my workflow. The workflow itself has no output so all I see is:

This workflow produced no output.

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@elatt  To see the execution log, you should see an expand/collapse arrow directly to the left of each result.  If for some reason you're not seeing this, try hitting ctrl + F5 to do a hard refresh on the browser as sometimes old views can be cached.  Let us know if for some reason things still aren't working after this.  Thanks!

elatt
7 - Meteor

Ah ok, I hadn't noticed the expand/collapse arrow and was instead clicking on the link to the specific workflow run and looking around in there. Just a suggestion, but it would be nice if the workflow run page, in addition to displaying the workflow output, also had a section/link where you could view the workflow log as well.

ak2018
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to get the output log message for a custom message to be emailed to recepients? For example I have an Output Tool that uses Insert/Update depending on the record in the table (Teradata MERGE statement) and would like to notify the email address specified in the analytical app what the workflow insert resulted in. 

I am still struggling since the Output tool is a unidirectional one with no return message or value.