Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer 2020.1/2020.2 freezing up

SS2289
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

My Alteryx Designer freezes every time I make a change to the workflow or settings. It takes very long to initiate as well. I uninstalled and upgraded to 2020.2 (from 2020.1) Admin version and I still face the issue.

Alteryx has become unusable now. Could you please advise what I can do here.

Thanks,

S

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I believe I did have a similar problem in the past. Please go to: Options>User Settings>Edit User Settings>Advanced and check the box to "Disable Auto Configure".

It can help especially if the input files are big. When this will be disabled you will need to manually refresh(F5) workflow to load the data for new tools.

When I was exploring a community I found also an article that shows how to do it + few extra tip on increasing performance of the Alteryx. I though it might be useful for you. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Tips-amp-Tricks-2016-Workflow-Optimization/ta-p/31...

Please let me know if this helped.

SS2289
6 - Meteoroid

Hi 

Thank You for your response. Yes I tried this and I still have the issue.

S

SS2289
6 - Meteoroid

Hello I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of time and disabled auto configure each. The issue got resolved after the third try.

Thanks,

S

Labels