Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow license administrator to obsolete license seat

Under the new licensing system (licenses.alteryx.com), I don't have the ability to truly release a license seat without user interaction. Currently, I have to revoke the license and then have that user start up alteryx on their machine to complete the process. Until the user starts up alteryx, I cannot reallocate that license. 

I would like the ability to obsolete a license where as soon as I click the button in the licensing portal, I can immediately reallocate that license to somebody else. This functionality existed in the previous licensing system and is not available in the new licensing system.

2 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Absolutely agree with the need @patrick_digan - and we're hoping that this is accomplished in the upcoming changes to the licensing process

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello! This idea was implemented with an April update that allowed license administrators to completely clear a key without user interaction. This update applies to all version of Alteryx 11.8 and newer.