Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Allow Cache to be written to local drive and persist after Alteryx closes

I like the new cache option in 2018.3, but I would like a user setting added that would allow me to 1) write the cache files to a local drive and 2) have them persist when I re-open Alteryx. Currently, the files are written to the user defaulted temp space and don't persist when Alteryx is closed down. Thanks!

8 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would also be useful for the input tool whose cache behavior has changed with 2018.3. The checkbox to cache an input tool would persist pre 2018.3. Now the cache option isn't saved with the workflow.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fully agree @patrick_digan - this would allow a much faster restart of development when you pick up the canvas again.

We'd just need to make sure that there's a warning or some kind of process so that caching is automatically turned off before deployment to gallery

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Just for the record on the old caching functionality - when executed on the Gallery or run via the alteryxenginecmd.exe, the workflow would ignore the cache option/configuration and would not write it during these executions, so you could leave these boxes marked without any issue or concern.

In my opinion, any addition of caching configuration should follow the same rule.

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

+1 please add this feature. It will help us a lot in a big workflow.

tevis_martin
5 - Atom

Agreed.  Please please bring back the cache feature within the configuration pane section when using the input tool.  The new cache feature is not optimal when you are connecting to multiple database table sources:(.

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Caching is a powerful feature available in Alteryx. But feel that it should have more to it - enabling save option is great to start with !

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

This idea is not approved in the short-term, but will be revisited in the future.

fabian8436
5 - Atom

Hello, for me this would still be helpful when executing multiple SQL queries and storing results across different execution times, even possibly with a result history. Kind regards