Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Additional Customization in Configure Tool Palette

I really like the ability in 10.0 to turn on and off certain tool categories and specific tools within a category to keep your toolbar clean.

What would really take it to the next level is allowing users to manage them like bookmarks in a broswer - let me create new custom groups and add anything to them, or move tools among groups.

The favorites method lays the foundation for this, but is limited in that everthing is on one group.  Using the method I suggest, users could basically have groups of tools tailored to specific analytic tasks.

4 Comments
Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

A very nice point indeed, 

the moment I've seen turning tool pallettes on and off, I started dreaming of making categories for;

• Data governance
  • Data quality
  • My R extentions
  • Optimisations tools etc.

It would be a very nice to have UI. 

There are 43 people checking out this idea but only 5 stars... Let's strike a blow for this...

Best

Altan

dataMack
12 - Quasar
Ok- so of course Chris Love figured out how to do this: http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Creating-your-own-Custom-Tool-Palettes/ta-p/4... Now we just need Alteryx to support it officially.
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! We've added this functionality. Click on the + next to the category names to hide categories from your tool palette and make custom changes to which tools display in each category. 

MJ
8 - Asteroid

I feel like a few important bits of functionality are keeping this from being "like bookmarks in a broswer"

1) Please add the ability to Reorder the Tools/Categories on the Configure Tool Palette menu. 

2) Nice to also have custom folders (in addition to the one group called Favorites).

I would create folders called ETL and Explore that would include tools I don't use often enough to consider Favorites.