Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding a few lines above the table that is output to Excel

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

I've got a table that gets output to Excel but I need to add a "Header".  I can't use the Header tool.  I need the text to show in Cell A1 (not just show up in the Print Preview) and I need the table to move down a few lines to accommodate that.  I've been playing around with the Reporting Tools with no luck.

It needs to look like what I have below.  Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.

2018-07-27_9-22-28.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
danrh
13 - Pulsar

Look into the Report Text tool.  Select to "Attach text to existing field" and position the text above the existing field.  You can reference fields in the text so you should be able to get the output you need.

Brad1
11 - Bolide

That works if I wasn't repeating the column heading every time the account number changed - which is what the user wants.  What was happening is the 3 lines were repeated above each set of column headings.  To only insert the report name once I had to group all those first.2018-07-27_15-22-58.jpg

Labels