Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding Company Logo to Render PDF Report (Custom Header)

jkrause33
5 - Atom

I'm trying to add a company logo to the PDF render output of several reports I'm creating for a more professional/refined look. This could normally be accomplished via the 'Header' tool in Alteryx, however, I'm utilizing a 'Report Text' tool in order to create a dynamic custom report date and format the report name as I'd like. I've attempted to use both the 'Overlay' tool and the 'Layout' tool to try and get the logo in the upper right corner and formatted, but have had no luck so far. Is there an easy-ish way to accomplish this?

As a side question, do I need to manually change the sizing of the image I'm trying to use prior to adding to Alteryx or this something that can be done within the software?

Example workflow attached with a dummy logo statically in an image tool apart from the workflow (logo file type and dimensions of dummy logo file are the exact same as the real logo file I'm trying to use).

6 REPLIES 6
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Have you tried using the report header tool and combining it with the rest of your data (tables)? See the tool mastery article for more information:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Report-Header/ta-p/517...

jkrause33
5 - Atom

Yes I have and I am aware of it's functionality, however, in this use case I'm utilizing the "Report Text" tool for my header so that I can use a more customized header for my reports. The 'Report Header' tool does not allow the degree of customization required for my needs in this case.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @jkrause33 ,

I managed to get the header aligned. I think with a proper resize of the image (trial and error) you could make it!

Sin título.png

Regards

MarkD
7 - Meteor

Any advice on the trial and error of the size of the image? I've tried resizing it about 30 times now and no luck...

MarkD
7 - Meteor

Figured out my issue and thought I'd mention it here for anyone else having this issue - it was the image file type - it's very picky! So if you're having trouble, try a different file type.

thulasir
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

This helps a lot. I am merging 3 PDFs and the logo was pending. I tried the Image tool but not with 1st pdf template. 

Labels