The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add ability to add new custom palette icon when using the YXI installer

I love using the YXI installer for distributing custom macros; I have even used to install an entire palette of macros.  However, when installing to a new, user-defined palette, I still need to instruct users to copy custom_palette.png into C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\icons\categories.

It would be nifty keen if we could add custom_palette,png into the config.xml file and have the YXI installer place the file into the \icons\categories directory.

I imagine that some checks would need to be added, to ensure we weren't overwriting icons for the built in palettes.

3 Comments
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

This is an interesting idea and to make sure it reaches the correct product teams I've updated the labels attached to your idea. If you haven't yet be sure to check out our Submission Guidelines that go over the idea boards process in a bit better detail.

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

I would like to change my suggestion about saving custom icons in the \Program Files\Alteryx directory.  Additions made there would not survive an upgrade.

A more suitable location would be in \ProgramData\Alteryx, perhaps in the \DataProducts directory or a new \CustomPaletteIcons directory.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes