Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add a numeric indicator to the formula tool.

Hopefully this is the right place to post this and it hasn't been suggested already but I think it would be useful to add a numeric indicator to the formula tool to show how many formulas are being done with one tool. It would be useful when going back into or sharing workflows that a user would know more than one function is being carried out at that point. Currently I change the annotation to show how many but I think it would be useful if the icon changed dynamically. Below is a mockup of what I think it should look like.

Thanks,

Pete

2018-08-20_14-03-20.png

4 Comments
adrianloong
11 - Bolide

+1 

ksklar
7 - Meteor

Yes please!

rob_cottrell
7 - Meteor

Agreed.  The same logic could also be used with the Detour tool to show the current state of the detour without clicking into it.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Revisit

This idea is not approved in the short-term, but will be revisited in the future.