The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add a Licensed model for Alteryx Designer in Azure for low use/trial subscriptions

Hi,

Some of this suggestion may not be feasible due to Azure pricing guidelines - I am basing the idea/model off of anecdotal evidence.

Currently Alteryx Designer is available on Azure as a BYOL model, and Alteryx Server is available with both BYOL and a per hour license model.

I think it would be incredibly helpful to come up with a tiered "per hour" license model for Alteryx Designer in the Cloud, that leveraged something along the lines of "data consumption" or "data load"  as a metric in order to offer up a price point that would allow for a more spread out "trial" period.

Something akin to "up to 8 hours/ 4 GB of data per month" at a free tier (obviously those numbers could change pretty easily).

In particular, my area has a lot of folks in IT who are anecdotally interested in leveraging Alteryx, but when we have been able to give them a trial license, they typically only find an hour or two over the course of a month to leverage it.  Rather than constantly having to seek new trials for these users, I'd like to be able to suggest that they leverage Azure at a relatively low/fixed cost.

My experience with new Alteryx users is that they typically encounter a "cliff" where they try to think about problems the "old" way.  Even though the old way is much slower, this resistance often limits their exposure to the tool until they solve a problem "the alteryx way" and realize how much easier things can be.  Having this available over the course of, say, 3 months, where a user who managed to find 15 minutes could log in, play with the tool, and log out, at a cost-effective price point, would help to expand the use of Alteryx further for our organization.

3 Comments
MattB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks @Claje for the idea! We have heard similar requests to offer Designer with a more flexible licensing model.  I like your ideas around licensing based on certain metrics such as data consumption. We'll keep this in mind as we continue to evolve our offerings and licensing models. In the interim, if there was a per hour license model offering of Designer, similar to the non-BYOL Alteryx Server offering, would that meet your need? Also, would this offering be of value if it was provided via Amazon AWS?

Thanks again and please keep the feedback and ideas coming!

Claje
14 - Magnetar

If there was a per-hour license model for Alteryx Designer available via AWS/Azure, that would be fantastic (I'm assuming you'd have an appropriate price point so that this was an attractive short-term option).

For my personal use case, Azure is a better option than AWS, as our organization leverages Visual Studio, so we already have a relationship with Azure.  However, I'm sure that both options would be valuable.

Thanks for the response!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thank you for your feedback, at this time we do not have any plans for a low use version of Designer hosted on Azure or AWS like we have for the Alteryx Server. Currently we provide Alteryx trial and evaluation access for our standard Designer product through the built in trial and evaluation licenses. However, should we be able to return to this idea in the future we will update the status back to Under Review.