Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add DateTime type with milliseconds

I work with data where milliseconds is my saviour when I count distinct the datetime to get number of events. Alteryx ignores the millisecond part (as lots of other BI tool providers - I don't know what is going on with this idea that milliseconds are not needed). Yes I can convert it to string but it's not the best practice to create duplicate fields just so that I have date part for date-related calculation (plotting, time difference) and on the other hand string value for quick and easy counting..

57 Comments
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

We know this is highly desired and have had meetings to discuss options. It will be a large feature to implement so we will need to revisit this later in 2020. 

Please see related idea: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Add-DateTime-type-with-milliseconds/idi-p/20...

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

This idea is being updated to Revisit to insure Product has the ability to return to this idea in the future. We completely understand that this is a highly desired and long requested feature. However as mentioned by @TonyaS, this would be a large feature and thus cannot be completed in the near future. We would like to return to this idea though, once we can properly speak on when or if it can be implemented.

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Need this for RPA task analysis.  In case you needed another example outside of finance 🙂

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

Coming back here again.....really need this!

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

What's the status on this? 

I'd love to see an extended DateTime datatype.

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Right now it is set to Revisit, which means we will be notified to take another look at it in July and it will be up for consideration at that time.  We are definitely aware that this is high on the list of new features people are asking for. 

Josh_WI
6 - Meteoroid

@TonyaS , this is not a new feature people are asking for, it is a long requested one. 2016 it looks like.

We need this for syncing db2 tables which use milliseconds in datetime. Conversion to string adds enough of a computation cost to make it undesirable. 

Seems like the longer you wait, the harder it will be to add. 

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks Josh, I'm aware it has been a long-time ask. It is going through our intake process and we will update if anything changes. 

allan
5 - Atom

Python does this with datetime.isoformat(), surely this can be unblocked?

sahartz
8 - Asteroid

Any updates with this? I really need this!!!!