Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Accessing the interface tool in the analytic app

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I'm attempting to use the Interface Tools for the first time. I want to ask a Yes/No question, then later in the workflow, make a decision in the path depending on that selection.

I'd prefer to use the Radio button tool. Can I use one Radio button tool for multiple radio selections? Or, do I pull down a radio button tool for each selection?

Based on whether "Yes" or "No" is chosen, a certain data point would be included in a report, or not included. 

I am asking for a little guidance setting up the radio buttons, and then using the value that is chosen, whether "Yes" or "No", to make a decision whether or not to include some column in a report. 

Does that make any sense?

Thank you,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Archaeopteryx ,

Take a look at my example and let me know if it is that you are looking for.

Please change the workflow from macro to an analytical app as image below. Since I was having problem attaching an analytical app, I saved as macro.

fmvizcaino_0-1574371502507.png

Best,

Fernando V.

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Thanks. But I'm using version 2019.2. I cannot upgrade since our server is 2019.2.

Chris

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think the functionality you're looking for is in the "detour" tool. Please see the below page for more information: 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/Detour.htm 

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

yes no radio button logic.png

My endeavor is for the logic to take the top 'green' Reporting path if radio button = "Yes" 

and take the bottom 'red' Reporting path if radio button = "No"

Can someone help me with constructing the Interface logic properly to divert the logic path according to whether one selects, 

"Yes", or "No" ?

thanks

Chris

Labels