This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
When connecting a Google G Suite Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server, the following error occurs:
Error: Login Denied
Environment (2019.3 or later)
This error typically occurs due to a misconfiguration in the SMTP relay settings.
1. In Designer, confirm the SMTP address is set to “SMTP-relay.gmail.com” using port 465.
6. After configuring the relay service, click Save and Save again at the bottom of the page.
7. Back in the Admin console, select Security.
8. Click on Basic Settings, then Go to settings for less secure apps.
9. Change the setting to Enforce access to less secure apps for all users (Not Recommended).
10. Click Save.
Allow an hour for these changes to propagate and rerun the workflow to test.
Send email from a printer, scanner, or app
Control access to less secure apps
How To: Send Emails Through Gmail Using the Alteryx Email Tool