community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer experts.

The reply url specified in the request does not match the reply urls

Created on

Issue

The following error appears when configuring your credentials in the Dynamics CRM Tools, Azure Data Lake Tools, OneDrive Tools, or the PowerBI Output tool:

The reply url specified in the request does not match the reply urls configured for the application

Environment

• Alteryx Designer
    • 2018.2+
  • Connectors
    • Dynamics CRM Tools
    • Azure Data Lake Tools
    • OneDrive Tools
    • PowerBI Output tool
  • Windows Operating System

Cause

The redirect URI specified in the Azure application for the respective connector has not been set or has been configured with the wrong URL.

Solution

1. Set the Redirect URI in your Azure application to https://login.live.com/oauth20_desktop.srf
    1. If you do not have permissions to do this, please contact your Azure administrator
    2. If you do have permissions, follow the instructions from Microsoft's documentation: Add redirect URI(s) to your application

Additional Resources

1. Azure App Service error: AADSTS50011: The reply address does not match the reply addresses configure...
Comments
Bolide

Hello,

I'm running into this exact problem, used the Redirect URI you recommended in my Azure application, but still getting the 'redirect_uri is not valid' error.  Any suggestions as to what else I might be missing?

Thanks.

@rpaugh which tool are you using? I haven't personally seen another cause for this issue, but we would be happy to troubleshoot further if you open a ticket with us!

Bolide

@SophiaF I'm using a custom tool built with the HTML GUI SDK.  I can get the OAuth popup to come up and accept my username and password, but it can't pass the resulting access token back to my GUI (which will subsequently be passed to the engine) because the redirect URI of the GUI HTML form does not match anything I can enter in the approved Redirect URIs in my Azure app.

When I opened the developer tools in Alteryx I saw that the redirect URI was the raw local HTML file location.  When I try to enter that in Alteryx, here is what I see:

Alteryx Microsoft OAuth Redirect URI.png

Bolide

@SophiaF I think the issue is that I'm dealing with a pop-up window, wherein the redirect can't close the pop-up and return the access token to the parent configuration window in Alteryx.