Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

TPM-282: SharePoint Files Input Tool Truncates Data of XLSX Files

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Issue

Utilizing the SharePoint Files Input Tool to input an XLSX file, up to 254 characters per cell are returned. Any additional characters are truncated.

Environment Details

• Alteryx Designer
  • SharePoint Files Input Tool

Cause

The maximum field length default is 254 characters without the option to increase the limit.

Resolution

This behavior was addressed starting within the v2.1.0 release of the SharePoint Files Tools.

Additional Resources

Comments
TGROSPIR
5 - Atom

Hi JoshML

Good to See this as I have been stuck for a few days struggling with thi

Is there any progress on this issue or do you know a workaround ?

This long awaited connectors seems to have a lot of issues and its a pitty that we cannot rely on its accuracy now that we finaly got it. BTW, I found another issue that for excel columns with "True" or "False" it transforms all the values to "True" (see below in my screenshot.

TGROSPIR_0-1654766682477.png

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx

@TGROSPIRThe behavior referenced in this article was recently addressed within the v2.1.0 release of the SharePoint Files Tools. You can download the latest version here.

As for the secondary behavior you've referenced, I'd advise validating it on the latest version of the tools and then contacting Alteryx Support should the behavior continue to be exhibited.

TGROSPIR
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot JoshML for your very rapid feedback ! Very good news ! I will also check the other issue and get back if this still persists.

MattBenj
9 - Comet

@JoshML I am using v2.1.0 to read data from a SharePoint list and getting a truncation warning. We this fix just for files or did it include lists as well? Should I submit this to support?

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx

@MattBenj If you're experiencing unexpected behavior, you can contact Alteryx Support by submitting a case via this page.

mrdoughnutssalt
5 - Atom

@MichMatt did you submit a case and if so did it result in a solution? I'm facing the same problem that while reading in a sharepoint list certain fields are getting truncated

MattBenj
9 - Comet

@mrdoughnutssalt The issue was addressed in v2.2.0 of the tool that was released a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I need to upgrade designer before trying the new version so I haven't been able to validate it.