This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Data stored in a SQL Server database that contains spatial object data do not show up in an Input Data tool in Alteryx Designer. The field only displays the message, "None - View Browse Tool Map Tab" in the column as it seems the data is stripped away.
2020.1.2 or below.
SQL Server ODBC
Native Client 11
SQL Server OLE DB.
SQL Server Geography Data Type.
Alteryx SpatialObj Data Type.
An incompatible SQL Server ODBC or OLE DB driver is used.
1. Click the Input Data Tool and click the drop-down for Connect a Database.
2. Click on Data sources on the right > click on the OleDB link for SQL Server.
3. Select "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" as the OLE DB provider and click next.
4. Fill in the Server Name and credentials and appropriate database.
5. Test the connection and click OK.
NOTE: The connection string should start as such: odb:Provider=SQLNCLI11.1
The column will now say, "Point - View Browse Tool Map Tab".