Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Snowflake Local Bulk loader error using Internal Named Stage: Unknown exception thrown by FileTransferAgent

HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Environment Details

User is getting an error when writing to Snowflake using the local bulk loader option with the Internal Named Stage selected:
Output Data (4) Error message from ODBC connection: [Snowflake][Snowflake] (40) ¶      Error encountered when executing file transfer: Unknown exception thrown by FileTransferAgent.¶

• Alteryx Designer
    • Version 2020.3 + 
  • Snowflake ODBC connection

Cause

There was an error with the Named Stage.

Resolution

Make sure the Named Stage is configured correctly in Snowflake and referenced correctly in the Bulk Connection configuration in Alteryx. The name must match. 

You can use the SHOW STAGES command in the Snowflake console to see available stages. Check the type column to make sure this is an INTERNAL stage.
Comments
ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@HenrietteH I've run into the same error. I managed to get it working by removing my S3 credentials and just using a user stage (I wonder where the files are placed temporarily)

For the 'Internal Named Stage' where do I have to create that stage in Snowflake, does it have to be in the same DB or Schema or how does the connector know where this stage is?

I'm also struggling to make this work with the Data Connection Manager as it does not give me the option to define a stage at all...I will raise a separate topic on that