- Alteryx Designer
- Alteryx Server
- Publish to Tableau Server tool
- Tableau Server/Tableau Online
Error: The file was not uploaded successfully.
Tableau updated their API responses in Tableau Online version 20.4, which causes Alteryx Connector to show an error. This can be worked-around by modifying a Filter tool inside the Tableau macro Connector tool [API response is now "201" instead of "201 Created"].
1. Open the workflow in question that is showing error. Right-click the Publish to Tableau Server tool and select "Open Macro". This will open the workflow which is the Tableau Connector tool itself.
2. Go to Edit > Find, type in "257" and select Filter tool #257.
3. In that Filter tool update the Custom filter entry to:
4. Save the macro and rerun workflow in question. Note: Saving the macro will update the tool on the machine - not just for the specific workflow. You may run into a permissions issue "Access is denied" when saving. Please ensure the user making changes is in a group with full control for the path: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\PublishToTableauServer_v2.0.0\Supporting_Macros or for the PublishToTableauServer.yxmc directly.
To apply the changes on Alteryx Server
The location of the macro on the Server may be in multiple places. Please make sure to check and update all the following macros on the server (just in case you face errors after modifying just one). If there are multiple instances of the tools, we take this order of preference at runtime:
- <AYX_INSTALL_DIR>\bin\HtmlPlugins (i.e. C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins)