Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Maps Missing in Base Map

DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Environment Details

Some maps are missing in the Base Map option after a recent Designer upgrade.

• Alteryx Designer
    • 2021.2+ 

Cause

The Base Maps installation was corrupted or lost during the Designer upgrade. 

Diagnosis 

If any of the maps are missing, the first step is to double check your existing dataset installation. For example, if you are missing the Geocoder maps, you'll need to verify that you already have the Location Insights package installed. 

Resolution

Submit a support case through Case Portal to receive a healthy installation of .INI files of the missing maps. Follow the steps below to receive the .ini files efficiently. 

1. Submit a support case here: Support - Alteryx Community 
2. Include your Designer version, in Designer this can be found in Help > About and inform us which maps you are missing.
3. Provide a screenshot of your current .INI files, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Alteryx\Settings\DataSets\Maps 

image.pngimage.png

4. Provide a screenshot of your current base maps in Designer.

image.pngimage.png

Additional Resources

Comments
meckylan
5 - Atom

I do have all configuration files, but my base map are pure colors. Have you ever met this before?

DarleneK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@meckylan I apologize I did not receive a notification for your inquiry. If you are still experiencing this, please submit a Case to Alteryx Support. I don't think I've ever seen base maps be 'pure colors'.