This article will walk you through howto install a macro, so that it can be accessed from thetool palette in the Designer.
- Download or save amacro to a directory
- Open Alteryx Designer
- Click Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings
- Click the Macros tab within the User Settings window
- Click the + icon and selectthe directory used to save your macro(s)
- Enter a Category Name for the directory to appear as in the Designer
- Click OK
- Macro(s) will now show up in the category specified
Things to consider:
- all macros within the folder specified will be installed
- the category specified within the macro Meta Info will take priority over the Category Name specified instep 6:
A macro can be added to a workflow without installing it. Do this by right-clicking on a blank-portion of your wokrflow and selecting Insert > Macro.., then navigate to the location of the macro you'd like to insert.