Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Inviso Macros - Enjoy and suggest!

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Created

Inviso Macro Graphic.png

We have a lot of clients with good ideas and that sometimes ends up with new and useful macros. The result is a macro pack that everybody can use. Please give feedback, come with suggestions and hopefully have fun!

• Business Days macro - enables you to calculate the number of business days between a start- and enddate for the Scandinavian countries: Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

• Conzoom Macro – This macro can pull demographical data directly from Conzoom (Nordic database). Contact us for more info.

• DST macro - lets you download any table from the Statistics Denmark database (Statistikbanken.dk). The macro does not require login and contrary to the publicly available download options from Statistikbanken.dk, there is no upper limit on rows or records.

• Facebook Insights – Pull data about your Facebook Page from the Facebook API (Facebook Insights macro)

• Facebook posts macro - Pull data about posts on your Facebook Page

• Geocoder - Geodcodes adresseses based on a Google Maps search

• Publish to Tableau Server with append (requires Tableau server 9.3) - This is build on the existing Alteryx macro however this one lets you append to an existing datasource (Alteryx Publish to Tableau Server macro – now with Append!)

• SFTP macro - lets you upload directly to a SFTP server in your preferred format. You need to download WINSCP. (SFTP macro for Alteryx)

• TableauTWBX – Lets you create multiple packed workbooks based on a group (Tableau TWBX macro for Alteryx)

• WaitASecond – Lets you wait X seconds between processing each record (WaitAsecond – Alteryx waiting tool)

• WWW Webscraper (Beta) – This macro helps you with the iterative process of scraping multiple pages of data. For example 20 pages of Alteryx community data (Insights to the Alteryx community)

Read more here: Inviso Macro Pack

Comments
ebarr
7 - Meteor

Great macros!  Using FB macro, but only Page information is there, how to update the macro to include spend, reach, link clicks, impressions, CPC, CTRs, CPMs (I guess those can also be calculated), Website purchases, clicks, views, # of add to carts, # initiate checkouts, and several others?  Tried updating metrics.yxdb, but that didn't work - is Marketing API different than Graph API?

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@danielbrun2 - It appears the link to the macro pack is not working - https://inviso.dk/macros

I get a 404 error.  can you please check out ?

It's back working but I can't delete the comment. 

thanks, these are great macros!

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

The link should work again now.

You can read more here: https://inviso.dk/blog/post/the-inviso-macro-pack-for-alteryx

Daniel

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I've been trying interact with my GMail account, I thought I had all the authentication sorted and I don't get any errors in the GoogleOAuth2 macro.

But when I do this: https://www.googleapis.com/gmail/v1/users/me/messages i get a "Login Required" message.

I don't know how to proceed from here, but I'll try a few things :) 

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your question. My first questions is – do you get anything out of the OAuth2 tool? I have drafted a workflow (without tokens) that works for me.

Best regards,

Daniel

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

This is what I get out of the OAuth2 tool:

2018-10-09 00_17_57-Alteryx Designer x64 - New Workflow1_.png

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

I looks right. You probably just need to include the Authorization is the header. See attached:

Skærmbillede 2018-10-09 kl. 17.12.14.png

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am using the SFTP macro and believe I have it configured correct however I am getting:  The external program "cmd" returned an error code:1error.png

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Could you try to open the macro and deselect "Run Minimized" and "Run Silent", run the workflow again and see what it writes in the command promt?

Skærmbillede 2019-08-07 kl. 06.59.40.png

Best regards,

Daniel

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

The dialogue box disappears so fast but it looks like its saying "PATHTOWINSCP" is not recognized as a internal or external operable command or batch file.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

I can see there is a bug in the macro - I am sorry for that. You can download a fixed version from her: https://share.inviso.dk/q5m34sJN0

Just replace the old file named "SFTP Macro.yxmc".

Best regards,

Daniel

bvolles
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. I just tried it and am getting the same error message

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Could we maybe do a skype call by the end of the week?

Best regards,

mse139
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've been trying to use the TableauTWBX macro and have been receiving the below error:

TableauTWBX (56) Tool #7: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1

I have the macro configured to write all the files locally on my PC and everything seems to be in order.  Any suggestions?

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Could you post the workflow and files here or are they confidential?

Best regards,

Daniel

cckennedy7
6 - Meteoroid

I'm getting the same error with the SFTP tool.  I tried the new version above and also tried deselecting the run minimized recommendation. 

Error: SFTP Upload (6): Tool #1: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

Could you find half an hour late this week to resolve the issue - I think
we need to do a Webex for me to see the actual issue.

"cmd" returned an error code: 1 - this just means that the underlying
script fails. It does not say anything about the actual error.

cckennedy7
6 - Meteoroid

Please let me know if a call would work for you the Feb 24, 25 or 27th.
I'm in Florida, on US Eastern Time so I expect my mornings would work best
for you. Please let me know

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Hay Daniel,

I cannot see Publish to Alteryx Serwer Macro in this package. I have only these macros in this package

Andrzej_0-1581940204823.png

Greetings

Andrzej Gabryel

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

The publish to Tableau macro has been removed as it is obsolete. You can download the official one from here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-Tool/599c93c8f499c7141c13a619

Best regards,

Daniel

Andrzej
8 - Asteroid

Dear @danielbrun2 

Can I use this tool in gallery when I install it on desktop? 

Greetings

Andrzej Gabryel

Yuvansh
5 - Atom

Dear @danielbrun,

I want to get Facebook Ads Report using Alteryx. Using the above macros, I am not able to get Facebook Ads Reporting dimensions and matrices like spend, reach, link clicks, impressions, CPC, CTRs, CPMs etc. Could you please help me with that.

Best regards,
Yuvansh Bhardwaj

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Yuvansh,

The macro developed is for the Insight API. But it is possible to modify it to utilize the Facebook Ads API. The documentation can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/reference/ads-insights/

Best regards,

Daniel

dssebrin
6 - Meteoroid

Where does the Invisio macros pack get downloaded to?  I also received the error #1 with the cmd and want to replace.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I am not quite sure what you mean. It usually ends up in your download folder. 

What macro are you receiving an error in?

dssebrin
6 - Meteoroid

Figured it out but still receiving the error message saying

Error: SFTP Upload (1): Tool #1: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1

dssebrin_1-1600268413394.png

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I can't remember exactly how I build the macro but try to put "sftp://" in front of the address.

dssebrin
6 - Meteoroid

Tried that but still didn't work.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Would you have time for a quick Zoom call sometime this week? And what timezone are you in?

dssebrin
6 - Meteoroid

If we could do that it would be great!  I'm EST

Available times

• 9/23

1030-3

4-5

• 9/24

anytime other then 12-1

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

This macro has now been updated - it can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/Invisodk/InvisoMacros

Thanks to @dssebrin for helping out on debugging.

Best regards,

Daniel

dssebrin
6 - Meteoroid

danielbrun is awesome!!

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Hey @danielbrun2 - would like to grab that latest sftp macro- not seeing any public repository at https://github.com/Invisodk/InvisoMacros

Is it back in here? https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Inviso-Macro-Pack-for-Alteryx/5d43ea060462d70db4d4947b

thanks for this awesome pack and indeed being awesome!

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

The legend himself!

The repo should now be public! Enjoy and let me know if any issues.

Chillybanana
5 - Atom

@danielbrun,

Thank you so much for sharing these! I've installed the Inviso Macros, but when running the GoogleOauth2 I get an error message "Error: GoogleOauth2 (1): Tool #63: File not found "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_invisomacros.zip\\Macros\Google Oauth2 Macro\AssistingMacros\Scopes.yxdb"

I navigated to that folder and there is indeed no assisting Macro. Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this? For reference, the scope I entered is the following: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/adwords 

Thanks

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Chillybanana 

My best guess is that you have not unzipped the macro and thus it cannot find the Scopes.yxdb database. Please try to unzip the macros and import it from the newly created folder.

Best regards,

Daniel

Chillybanana
5 - Atom

@danielbrun

I've copied in the missing documents and that has solved the error I was receiving. I'm still somehow getting an error of 'no valid fields being selected', even though I tried with various scopes selected. Seems that it doesn't generate a refresh token/code in step 2. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danielbrun2,

Quick question does this macro:

TableauTWBX – Lets you create multiple packed workbooks based on a group (Tableau TWBX macro for Alteryx)

work with hyper files? 

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Chillybanana Could you send me a PM with your mail and availability. Then we can have a screen sharing session.

@Emil_Kos It does not support hyper (it was made before that was a thing). But as far as I remember it should be fairly easy to modify. You can right click on the macro and look at the contents. Let me know if it is causing issues.

smitchell
6 - Meteoroid

@danielbrun2 I am having difficulty with the SFTP macro. Getting the "cmd" returned an error code: 1 that other people have referenced. Are you able to assist? It would be greatly appreciated!

smitchell_0-1609253729167.png

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@smitchell Could you send me a PM with your mail and availability. Then we can have a screen sharing session.

smitchell
6 - Meteoroid

@danielbrun2 I appreciate your help but I was able to figure it out. It was the syntax regarding the "folder path" in the command prompt.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Awesome to hear that.

Best regards,

Daniel

barnese
7 - Meteor

Hi @danielbrun2 

Can you please help me out with the SFTP macro? I have spent the last few days searching on Community for help and was super relieved to finally find this post and newest version... unfortunately it does not work and I am still getting the "Tool #1: The external program "cmd" returned an error code: 1" error.  Actually, previously I was only getting the error on the Gallery, but it was running fine in Designer, now I am getting the error also in Designer.  I have double checked my temp folders (on local machine and server) and they are not referencing any location with a space or special character (@smitchell -is this what you were referring to? or did you fix something else?) . When it ran the last time I actually saw the command prompt come up, flash a few times then crash and the error came up.

Thanks,

Erin

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Erin,

Sure thing - however macros utilizing external programs can be tricky to debug. Therefore I think the best option would be to have 30 minutes on Zoom/Teams/Webex or whatever you prefer.

Around the Gallery, is that your company's Gallery? And has the macro and WinSCP been installed on that server as well?

Best regards,

Daniel

barnese
7 - Meteor

@danielbrun2 I would appreciate that so much, please send me a PM with your availability.  I am in EST time zone.

It is indeed my company's Gallery and both the Macro and WinSCP are installed on the server.  

Shingo
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @danielbrun2 

Could you please let me know where we can download the latest Inviso macro zip? A customer is hoping to download it.

birlaparitosh
5 - Atom

Hi there, unable to download the Inviso macro from the links above.  Some links seem to throw errors, others taking to some documents.  No idea where to get the macro pack from please.

Cheers.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Shin & @birlaparitosh 

Unfortunately I am not sure theses macros are maintained anymore. 

The last update is over 2 year old but can be found here: https://github.com/Invisodk/InvisoMacros.

I am no longer that active here, but if you need help with something feel free to reach out to me directly: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielbrun/

All the best,

Daniel