Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Inspire 2019: Tips + Tricks

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Inspire19_tipstricks.png

Update 10/16/2019

Tips + Tricks is at Inspire Europe ! We added some exciting 2019.3 tips & tricks to our book for this occasion. New version is attached.

Thanks to everyone that joined us in Nashville for our 2019 Tips and Tricks tour and special thanks to everyone who submitted tips for our Tips + Tricks Book.

Enclosed you will find 91 pages full of Tips + Tricks that will help you save clicks in Alteryx.  The Tips and Tricks book covers our fan favorite tips for saving time when developing workflows and our best tips for organization. Utilize the book to learn everything from workflow design to organization, optimization, to our best time savers. 

We hope to see you all at our next Tips and Tricks session.

@MargaritaW , @JessicaS  & @HenrietteH 

Your Customer Support Engineering Team

Attachments
Comments
voovovo
8 - Asteroid

Awesome!!

williamchan
10 - Fireball

Amazing! I totally missed this session and was hoping this would be posted. Loved the tips and tricks from previous years!

jaycaplan
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the great session!   Lots of tips to share with my User Group.

SebaGar
5 - Atom

Thanks! I loved the Easter Eggs! 

hsu_christina
5 - Atom

Thanks - enjoyed this session!!

lc_p
5 - Atom

Thanks, @MargaritaW for presenting some tips & tricks during the Dallas User Group meeting yesterday!  Very awesome stuff!!!  

veronicasimoes
9 - Comet

Amazingggg!!!!

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Are previous versions of these guides rolled into the latest one or will the 2018 guide contain tips and trips that are not in this one?

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @RoelEsselink, thanks for your question, the 2018 version is rolled into the 2019 version of tips & tricks.

Subh
6 - Meteoroid
Awesome!!
rafamsba
5 - Atom

Thanks for sharing! So many helpful tricks!

StephaneP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

I am a little bit late in the show but I think it is worth mentioning those 3 articles I have just posted on the community about "How to make your workflow impactful?". There is a slight nuance in the sense that those are not rules to increase maintenance but rules to increase 1st good impression and understandability. But it is clearly a best practice.

Example: Before/after

StephaneP_0-1630495318112.png

Part 1: Prepare yourself and your audience

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Make-Your-Workflow-Visually-Impactful-Part-1-Your-Prep...

Part 2: Prepare your workflow

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Make-Your-Workflow-Visually-Impactful-Part-2-Your-Work...

Part 3: Enrich with visual effects

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Make-Your-Workflow-Visually-Impactful-Part-3-Visual-Ef...

Hope it helps.

Enjoy & share

MargaritaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@StephaneP , wow ! this is a great series! Thanks for documenting all those important steps so well. Thanks for sharing.