2022.1.1.30569 Patch Release Update

The 2022.1.1.30569 Patch/Minor release has been removed from the Download Portal due to a missing signature in some of the included files. This causes the files to not be recognized as valid files provided by Alteryx and might trigger warning messages by some 3rd party programs. If you installed the 2022.1.1.30569 release, we recommend that you reinstall the patch.

Alteryx Designer Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer experts.

Include Username in Workflow

NickC
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

I recently came across a customer who was asking how to include their local username within the workflow results. So here is a post showing how it can be done.

Option 1

Definitions of functions straight from https://help.alteryx.com/current/Reference/Functions.htm

Function Definition: ‘GetEnvironmentVariable(Name): Returns the environment variable specified in Name. To get a list of environment variables, go to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables. A list of system variables appears. Any value from this can be used.’

Formula: GetEnvironmentVariable("USERNAME")

NickC_0-1581528046186.png

Option 2

A colleague of mine showed that the GetEnvironmentVariable wasn’t always around and that he used to pull this data from the Registry. So I thought I would include that in here as well:

Function Definition: ‘ReadRegistryString(Key, ValueName, DefaultValue="): Returns a value from the registry.’

Formula: ReadRegistryString('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment', 'USERNAME')

NickC_1-1581528046191.png

No ratings
Comments
matthewbechard
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the info.  I used this code in a different way.  See this article.