This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
6/17/21: We have completed maintenance for the Search functionality on the Community. If you are seeing any issues, please try to clear your cache first. If the issue persists please email Community@alteryx.com
on 06-02-202006:54 AM - edited on 08-24-202011:29 AM by kcsrestapiuser
Sometimes users have weird display issues with the scaling / resolution in Designer. Examples:
1. Search box:
It doesn’t have the search icon [magnifying glass] nor the cancel icon [x]. Also, Search box works, but the user can't see what he/she typed.
2. The SQL Editor doesn’t show the scroll bar:
3. User cannot scroll or view the entire Interface Designer window, whether it’s docked, floating, expanded, etc.
4. Unable to see check boxes in SELECT tool
5. Table Tool - Column Rule button is not visible
Product - Alteryx Designer
Change the display scale settings. Either 100%25 to 125%25 fixes the problems.
1. Go to the Windows Start Menu. 2. Choose Settings. 3. Select System. 4. Select Display. 5. Look for Scale and layout. Select an option, such as 100%25 or 125%25. Displayed items will appear larger as the scaling increases. 6. Your display will re-size.
This change will affect the whole desktop.
You can change your DPI for specifically Alteryx:
1. Close all instances of Alteryx Designer 2. Go to the [installation Directory]:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin 3. Right click on AlteryxGui and click "properties" 4. Go to "Compatibility" tab 5. Click "Change High DPI Settings" button 6. UN-check "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in settings" 7. Check "Override high DPI Scaling Behavior; scaling performed by:" and select "System" 8. Click "Apply" then click OK. 9. Re-open Designer