Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

How To: Print Your Workflow

DanC
Created

Alteryx includes a printing feature which allows you to print out a workflow you've developed. 

To Print, navigate to File > Print

To change the Print Settings: File > Print Settings

This is a simple feature that does not require much explanation, so I will make this quick.

The Print Screen

2019-04-22_14-40-23.png

1.  Print the workflow or select a printer with the drop-down arrow.

2. Set the zoom level of the preview window with the down arrow or fit to the page by clicking on the magnifying glass.

3. Choose how many tiles to print to; larger workflows may require multiple tiles.

4. Scroll through the workflow pages.
  5. Change the scale so that the entire workflow fits on a single page or the original or custom scale.

6. Change the format to Landscape or Portrait.

7. The preview of your workflow.

This feature is very useful when reviewing the overall workflow parts with colleagues. Enjoy!

Comments
papalow
8 - Asteroid

@DanC

Is there a way to get color output?

DanC

Hi @papalow! Thanks for asking. The color output should be based on your printer's capability. I have a color printer connected to my computer and I was able to print in color. Can you confirm that you have the correct printer option selected (#1 in the image above)?

Thanks!

papalow
8 - Asteroid

@DanC

I am connected to a color printer.  I am able to print in color from excel or word.  I changed the default settings on the control panel -- still no color print.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

papalow
8 - Asteroid

@DanC

Today I am printing in color.  Perhaps a reboot was all it took.  

Thanks for your help.

DanC

That's great, @papalow. I wasn't sure what to tell you before. Glad the reboot resolved it for you!

NeilWrenn
6 - Meteoroid
Sorry to resurrect this thread, however I am trying to print off a huge workflow as one very large sheet (access to a print room). However the maximum size of paper I can select is A3, Is there a way to print to pdf? or just at some really high resolution that I can send to our printroom? I think we have the ability to go A0 and larger....so its just a case of somehow outputting the map to something that can be sent across.... Is this possible?
Brian_Stoffel
8 - Asteroid

@NeilWrenn Under the print button, I use "Microsoft Print to PDF" or "Adobe PDF" to print to pdf. These might need to be installed as printers before Alteryx will allow you to print to pdf.

Ambar
5 - Atom

Is there a way for the print to not show the path?