Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

How To: Correct Display Issues With Apps

EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created
How To: Correct Display Issues With Apps 

Depending on monitor display settings, an Alteryx application may not appear the same way as it does the Interface Designer Layout View. There may be instances where components appear in the wrong area of the screen, or they are missing altogether. 

Procedure 

Open the application workflow in Designer, and in the View menu, check Interface Designer. The screen should appear on the left side of the screen. Click on the Layout View button on the left, and the application should appear as configured by the user.  

idea Skyscrapers

Next, try double-clicking on the application file itself to open outside of Designer. If the app does not appear the same as it did in the Designer Layout View, there may be display settings for the monitor that needs to be adjusted. 

For example, in Layout View, this app has two labels and two File Browse options, with each name configured to be horizontal with the File Browse. When viewing as an application, the tags are not parallel, and the last File Browse is missing. 

idea Skyscrapers

To correct this issue, go to the Desktop screen, right-click on a blank space, and select the Display Settings option. Alternately, you can select Start, Settings, System, and then Display.

idea Skyscrapers

In the Scale and Layout section, make sure the size of text, apps, and other items is 100%. Then, click on the Advanced scaling settings option. 

idea Skyscrapers

In the Custom scaling section, clear any setting, and advise the customer not to use this option. 

idea Skyscrapers

Additional Resources 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/interface-designer-window
Comments
doug_hoang
5 - Atom

Appreciate it if there's another fix that does not require changing the scaling settings of Windows. I want my icons to look bigger than 100% ...

EricWe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @doug_hoang, I am not aware of another fix. You might submit this request to our Ideas Board for Designer