This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Error: “Error in parse(text = s) : <text>:1:17: unexpected INCOMPLETE_STRING”
Running any tools from Predictive, Data Investigation (except Field Summary tool) and Time Series categories and the R tool will fail with the following error:
Error in parse(text = s) : <text>:1:17: unexpected INCOMPLETE_STRING
For R tool:
For Field Summary tool, you may get this error instead:
Can't find the file: "<TEMPORARY_PATH>\Engine_<PROCESSID_<GENERATED_STRING>\__temppath__.txt"
Alteryx Designer, Server
Alteryx Predictive Tools
The error happens when there is a space in the temporary directory. Defect GCSE-916/TCPE-475 has been logged to address this.
To address the errors, any spaces found in the Default Temporary Directory should be removed. Below are some suggestions for both Designer and Server.
Solution 1: Rename the existing temporary directory
If the temporary directory is not set to the default c:\users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp\, you may just want to rename the folder that contains spaces.
1, Remove any spaces in any of the folders used by the temporary directory. 2. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings in Designer. 3. Update the "Default Temporary Directory" parameter. 4. Save the changes.
Solution 2: Create a new folder
If the temporary directory is set to the default c:\users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp\ and the space is found in the user account, please create a new folder to be used as the temporary location instead.
1. Create a new folder named "temp" in the C drive or any available drives. 2. Go to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings in Designer. 3. Select the "Override System Settings" option. 4. Change the value of the "Default Temporary Directory" parameter to the one created in step 1:
5. Save the changes.
Solution 1: Create a new folder
Create a different location to be used for the temporary directory.
1. Create a new folder to be used for the temporary directory on the server machine Ensure that the folder name is without a space. Example: c:\Alteryx\Engine 2. Open Alteryx System Settings. 3. Navigate to Engine > General. 4. Replace the value in the "Temporary Directory" parameter with the newly created folder in step 1.
5. Click "Next" button till you reach "Finalize Your Configuration" and click "Finish" button. 6. Click "Done" to close Alteryx System Settings.
Solution 2: Change the path set in the global workspace
If the space is in the global workspace, you may want to rename the path from here instead.
Here are the suggested steps: 1. Stop Alteryx Service. 2. Open Alteryx System Settings. 3. Go to Environment > Workspace and note down the path where any space is used.
4. Open File Explorer, go to the path with spaces and remove any spaces.
Example: Using the example screenshot in step 3, go to C:\ProgramData and rename "Alteryx 1" to "Alteryx1".
5. Back to System Settings > Environment > Workspace, and modify the path to use the new path (as modified in step 4).
6. Click "Next" button till you reach "Finalize Your Configuration" and click "Finish" button. 7. Click "Done" to close Alteryx System Settings.