Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

GCSE-308: Error: "Your PDF file is invalid or corrupted. Select a valid PDF file" when uploading a PDF using UNC Path in Image Template tool

clarab
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Error: “Your PDF file is invalid or corrupted. Select a valid PDF file" while uploading a PDF file, in the Image Template tool.” if UNC path is used

Environment Details

Loading a PDF file from UNC path in Image Template tool fails with the following error:

Your PDF file is invalid or corrupted. Select a valid PDF file

• Alteryx Designer
    • Version(s): 2021.3
  • Additional Tools:
    • Alteryx Intelligence Suite
image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.png

Cause

GCSE-308/TCPE-117 has been logged to address this behaviour.

Resolution

As a workaround, please use a mapped drive.

Additional Resources

Comments
bremere
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having this exact issue - however the drive is virtual (I run Alteryx via parallels) - I have the same issue if I use a google drive file location or if the file is on my mac desktop, which is replicated in the parallels VM that I use for Alteryx. Any insight to how to work around my issue?

GideonM
6 - Meteoroid

Anyone has solution this?

amruta
7 - Meteor

We had same issue. Please install newer version of AI from the downloads. 

In this version the defect is fixed, it at least worked for us. AlteryxAISInstall_2022.1.1.42590.exe

Kmaclean
8 - Asteroid

Hey, we ran into this issue and were able to resolve it as follows;

1. Move template pdf/json to desktop
  2. configure image template tool off the desktop files
  3. change the paths to our network path via edit xml
  4. Note: Editing/clicking on the image template tools will activate the error again and the above steps would need to be performed again