Find and Replace function causes default tool annotations to disappear
When Find and Replace function is applied in Designer with the default search setting, tools with matching text in their configuration will no longer display their default annotation after clicking on the same tool.
- Alteryx Designer
- Additional Behaviors
- If the search filter is set to include Annotations only, the result is expected, that is the annotations update correctly and the tool configuration does not change.
- If the tool annotation contains a specific, non-default input, then it is not affected and it behaves normally.
After applying the Find and Replace function, the default tool annotation text is cleared and not regenerated. This behavior is expected.
The default tool annotation text can be easily regenerated with these steps:
- Select the affected tool.
- Make any change in the tool's Configuration window that is easy to undo.
- Click once on the canvas outside of the tool.
- The previous annotation should now display. You can go back to the tool and undo the change in step 2. The annotation will update correctly.