Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

Errors Occur When Installing Packaged Tool (YXI), Alteryx Connectors

clarab
Alteryx
Alteryx
Created

Errors Occur When Installing Packaged Tool (YXI), Alteryx Connectors

Environment Details

Installing a packaged tool (YXI) built using Python SDK may cause any of the following errors:

• An error occurred during installation. 

WARNING: url:'c:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\Common_Config\Wheels' is ignored. It is either a non-existing path or lacks a specific scheme.

image.pngimage.png

•  An error occurred during installation.
     ERROR: No matching distribution found for <PACKAGE_NAME>

image.pngimage.png

• Alteryx Designer
    • Version: All
  • Any YXI installers (from Alleryx such as Python-based Connectors, custom or third-party).
  • Tool built using Python SDK

Cause

The YXI may contain additional Python packages which are required to be downloaded and installed from Python Index Repository. The above errors can happen for the following reasons:
  • no internet connection
  • a proxy server
  • a block to Python Index Repository sites (pypi.org, files.pythonhosted.org, pypi.python.org)

You may want to first check if you are able to access any website from the browser. Next, check if you are able to access pypi.org.

Resolution

Solution A - If there is no internet connection

Please work with your IT team to get internet access for your machine.
If the machine is not allowed to connect to the internet due to the company's policy, for YXI provided by Alteryx, you can approach Alteryx support to provide the "offline" YXI installation.
If this is a third-party-provided YXI, please approach the third-party provider for an offline installation.
If this is an in-house developed tool, please work internally with the relevant team to include all required Python packages in the YXI.

Solution B - If a proxy server is required

You will need to obtain the proxy server information from your IT/Network team and create the configuration for the pip using the following steps:

1. Close Alteryx Designer.
2. Create "pip" folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming.
3. Create "pip.ini" file C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\pip.
4. Add the following content in the "pip.ini" file:
    [global]
    proxy = scheme://username:password@proxyserver:port

Note:
  • Replace scheme, proxyserver, port, username and password accordingly.
  • The "username:password@" is optional. If you remove it, the format will then be: proxy = scheme://proxyserver:port
  • The scheme value is either "http" or "https".

Examples:

Without user credentials:
    [global]
    proxy = http://192.168.10.114:8888

With user credentials:
    [global]
    proxy = http://user:mypwd@192.168.10.114:8888

Spoiler

You may check for proxy settings in the Internet Options > Connections > "LAN settings" button. If there is proxy server information in the third option (see below screenshot), you may try this first. If this does not work, you will have to contact your IT/Network team.

image.pngimage.png

Solution C - If there is a block

Please work with your IT/Network team to whitelist the following sites:
  • pypi.org
  • files.pythonhosted.org
  • pypi.python.org

Comments
TomDiroff
Alteryx
Alteryx

One user in a corporate environment that has it's normal high security policies found that they needed to have admin privileges when installing the tool... that should also be attempted before contacting support

shriyash_janwe
5 - Atom

I am working on Designer where when I run the workflow, it is supposed to query and write data to tables in Google BigQuery (GCP). There is a 'Google Big Query Tools' download link on Alteryx Community page which is deprecated but still available to download and can be used. The issue is that when I try to install this tool in my system, I get an error message specifying a file path saying the path "is ignored. It is either a non-existing path or lacks a specific scheme."

Can someone please help me in troubleshooting this issue and installing the tool? I am blocked from running important workflows for my team. Thanks!

Alteryx GCP Error.jpg