This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
*** Designer issues involve the configuration of the XML of the workflow, as well as interface issues.
Designer– Requested Information (Detailed Instructions):
1. Detailed Description of the Issue – What issues are you having? Has it worked in the past? When did the issue start? Are all users affected or just some? What are the steps to reproduce your issue? What have you tried to resolve the issue? Have you searched the Alteryx Community?
2. Screenshot of Alteryx Version– Our CSEs need to know the precise version of Alteryx so we can replicate any issues. In Alteryx, click Help>> About and provide a screenshot. The screenshot will include whether it is Server or Designer. In addition, whether it is “Running Elevated” Admin vs. Non-Admin.
3. Screenshot of Error or Exact Text of Error- Click CTRL-Print-screen to capture the error and paste it into your e-mail. Also include where was the error encountered – Gallery, Designer, Scheduler?
Note: You may wish to Google the error text research the issue. The Knowledgebase is also a great place to search the error text as well!
4. Please send a copy of your workflow (*.yxmd or *.yxzp) and sample data if possible. Either create a .yxzp and include macros and data by clicking Options>Export Workflow. Or, include the workflow *.yxmd and sample data if possible.
5. Have there been any changes made recently? Update to Alteryx, Server, etc.? What do you think may have caused the issue? What have you done to try to resolve the issue?
6. Windows Event Logs (Optional)- Event logs provide historical information that can help you track down system and security problems. Provide System and Application logs in evtx format.
From the Windows Start menu, search for “event” and choose Event Viewer.
Expand the Windows Logs and right-click on ‘Application’ and select ‘Save All Events As…’ and save as *.evtx file
Right-click on ‘System’ and select ‘Save All Events As…’ and save as *.evtx file
7.AlteryxGUI Logs- Please send a copy of your most recent AlteryxGui Logs. The default path is C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs\AlteryxGUI.