This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!
Database Connections – Requested Information (Detailed Instructions): ***All of the below are not required, but please send what you can provide.
1. Detailed Description of the Issue – When did the issue start? Has it worked in the past? Are all users affected or just some? What are the steps to reproduce your issue? Are you able to connect to the database using another program? If this worked in the past, do you have any information on what has changed (Designer upgrade, database upgrade, driver upgrade, etc.)?
2. Alteryx Version – Our Customer Support Engineers need to know the precise version so we can replicate any issues. In Alteryx, click Help > About and provide a screenshot, or the exact version number.
3. Screenshot of error, screenshot of tool/connection configuration, and full text of error
- Click CTRL+Print Screen to capture the error and paste into your e-mail/Support Case. Note: You may wish to Google the error text research the issue. The Knowledge Base is also a great place to search the error text as well.
- To copy the full error text, Right Click on the error in the Results window and select 'Copy Selected'. Paste into your e-mail/Support Case.
- For standard database connections, include a screenshot of the configuration of the Input Tool:
- For In-DB connections, include a screenshot of the Manage In-DB Connections window for your connection (include both Read and Write tabs):
4. Specifics on the database* you are connecting to. Please provide the following:
- The database you are connecting to, and the database version (if known)