Alteryx Designer Desktop Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer Desktop experts.

AlteryxSpatialPluginsEngine.dll could not be loaded

DaveF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created

Error: AlteryxSpatialPluginEngine.dll could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found

Environment Details

When running workflows which reference the AlteryxSpatialPluginEngine.dll used with an Oracle database, you may see the following error:

AlteryxSpatialPluginsEngine.dll could not be loaded: The specified module could not be found

• Product - Alteryx
    • Summarize Tool
    • Spatial Tools
  • Databases
    • Oracle (spatial data)

Cause

Specific cause is unknown. Known to be related to setting up Oracle database connections.

Resolution

Solution A

1. Add the Alteryx bin path to your PATH variable in User Environment Variables. The path depends on whether you have Admin or Non-Admin Alteryx installed:
    • Admin: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin
    • Non-Admin: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Alteryx\bin
  2. Note: To access Environment Variables, search your Windows desktop for "Environment Variables", then click "Edit Your System Environment Variables" and follow the screenshots below:

DaveF_0-1573579567700.png

Solution B

In some instances you may be presented with the following error once you've made the changes. This can occur if the path variables precedence need to moved above any oracle path set under system variables. User variable are specific to the logon user and are appended to system variables. 

The plugin "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\plugins\AlteryxSpatialPluginsEngine.dll" could not be loaded: The specified procedure could not be found. (127)

1. Add the Alteryx bin path to your PATH variable in System Environment Variables. The path depends on whether you have Admin or Non-Admin Alteryx installed:
    • Admin: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin
    • Non-Admin: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Alteryx\bin
  2. Once added move the added variable to the top of the list.
Note: To access Environment Variables, search your Windows desktop for "Environment Variables", then click "Edit Your System Environment Variables" and follow the screenshots below:
image.pngimage.png

Additional Resources

Comments
Lisa_M
8 - Asteroid

Doesn't work for me.  Any other suggestions? 

emenard
5 - Atom

Had to do both steps, but worked perfectly after. Thanks!

manasmayur
5 - Atom

I did the steps . Step 1 didn't work for me , I did step 2 and then opened alteryx in elevated mode (Admin mode) .

It works .

Sri9
8 - Asteroid

worked fine for me